Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 4 - Warming up With Dynamic Stretching

February 9, 2015
Well, I am now one month into this competition, which is one third of the way through. I am still feeling confident, excited, and ready to win this thing. I think I mentioned it in the first post, but without the mental confidence, it is difficult to meet your goals. I have convinced myself that I already have this thing won, and that I am simply working out for the winner's photos. I try not to think about how many competitors there might be, because in reality, that is irrelevant. My desire to win has to be greater than my fear of losing. Anyways, that is not what this weeks post is about. In this weeks video I talk about ALWAYS warming up before a workout with some dynamic stretching. I am usually kinda tired when I first get to the gym, so I always make sure to warm up first, and my preferred method of warming up is with dynamic stretches, followed by some jumping jacks. You can search for dynamic stretching routines online, and you will find many variations that are great. Here is just one example... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4cTrMtVfBs. Without properly warming up, you risk wasting precious sets, because you will not be sufficiently primed for your first few set of weight lifting exercises, so get that heart pumping before you get crazy with the weights.
Motivational tip of the week: Surround yourself with people that will support you, and motivate you to meet your goals. Don't let someone else discourage you, because their lack of support might just stem from the fact that they lack the discipline to meet their goals, and they simply want to drag you down with them. getting fit is a lifestyle change, so get to know like-minded individuals.
Fitness tip of the week: As I mentioned in the above post, WARM UP! Don't jump into a routine unprepared. Maximize every set by being physically ready to give it your all.
Nutrition tip of the week: Check ingredients. In this weeks video I compare ingredients on a tub of margarine to real butter. Look for foods with minimal ingredients. Also, it's always good to see ingredients that you recognize. Keep it natural, baby!
Metal song of the week: Oh, Sleeper: Son of the Morning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4A10teaSiQ
Hip-Hop song of the week: Army of the Pharaohs: Dump the Clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x29OOt8-rc

No comments:

Post a Comment