Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Week 5 - I Don't Want to Workout!

February 17, 2015
Well, this past week has been probably the most stressful week to date at my job. I won't go into details, but the stress really affected my mood, and attitude, so last night when I got home late from work, I really was not in the mood to go to the gym to workout. I just wanted to lay on my couch, and be lazy the rest of the night, but I knew that in order to have a fighting chance at winning this competition, I had to put in the work, and every day counts, so I got my stuff ready and went to the gym. Upon arriving, I still wasn't in the mood, not to mention the gym was super busy, and I hate that. I sat in my car a few minutes trying to mentally convince myself to just go back home, but I chose to stay. It took me a bit to get motivated, and get into a routine, but once I was able to focus, and mentally block out the crowd around me, I pushed myself to the max, and ended up plowing through a great workout. Driving home afterwards, I felt proud of the choice I made, and realized that it's a culmination of all the small victories that leads us to our goals, to achievement. Whether it be what to eat at any given meal or whether or not to workout on any given day, making the right choice will not only affect your attitude in a positive way, but also increase your determination to meet your goal.
Motivational tip of the week: Win the war one small battle at a time.
Fitness tip of the week: Make sure to hit each body part at least once a week. Don't spread your days out too far, or else your gains will not make the progress that you are expecting. Your muscles do need time to heal, but they also need to be pushed physically on a regular basis in order to grow. I try to hit each body part twice a week if possible, with rest days between each cycle of all body parts. Example: Three days split covering all body parts, followed by a rest day, then back to the three day split, followed by another rest day.
Nutrition tip of the week: Carbs get a bad wrap, but that is because they are sometimes misunderstood. Your body does need carbs for fuel, and muscle growth, but it needs the right carbs. Eat more healthy carbs like oatmeal, potatoes, & rice, and try to minimize unhealthy carbs like bread, bagels, donuts, etc.
Metal song of the week: Means End: Ominous Notions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiXekulxwYI
Hip-Hop song of the week: Cunninlynguists: Urutora Kaiju

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXgCFMaTaDk


No comments:

Post a Comment