Monday, March 2, 2015

Week 6/7 - Getting Out of a Slump.

March 3, 2015
Well, I didn't post last week, so I'm trying to catch up a little bit here. I have been under the stress of financial burdens lately, and have let them affect my mood, and motivation. I have still been going to the gym consistently, but have not given 100%, plus I have made a couple small, poor diet choices. Overall, not too bad, but I feel that I am getting out of the slump, so I need to give 110% to make up for it. In this weeks video I talk about surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals who are working towards the same fitness goals as you, but to expand upon that, I think the key is to also surround yourself with those who are where you want to be physically, who have already accomplished what you are trying to accomplish. Feed off of their knowledge, and put it to work. I struggle with this a bit, because I am a bit of an introvert, so I don't actively seek out people to join me in my fitness endeavors. Also, the closest person to me, my spouse, does not share the same fitness goals as I do, so I don't have a constant partner at home. I hope to improve upon this, but for now I need to push myself as far as I can. Please feel free to leave a comment with your support and/or advice. Thanks!
Motivational tip of the week: Let your time in the gym be just that, time in the gym. Leave your worries at the door, and focus on why you are there. Get Some!!!
Fitness tip of the week: Don't neglect your core. The often overlooked muscles in your core provide support, especially for those who spend large amounts of time seated in a chair for work, or leisure.
Nutrition tip of the week: Mixing eggs and dry oatmeal in a bowl with a little cinnamon, then cooking it in a pan makes a great, healthy alternative to a pancake. Drizzle a little honey on top for taste. Makes a great protein & healthy carb combo.
Metal song of the week: Limp Bizkit: The Truth. Okay, I know I'm gonna get some crap for choosing this one. Look, I haven't been into anything this band has put out in over a decade, but I coincidentally stumbled across this song online, and there's no denying that it has a great groove, so get over the fact that it's Limp Bizkit, and give it a listen. Wes shows his passion while playing guitar, and Fred shows some great passion at the end of the video, just like he used to have in the old 'Three Dolla Bill' days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGednQsQ-h8
Hip-Hop song of the week: Demigodz: Raiders Cap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIF6An7ZRec

No comments:

Post a Comment