Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Week 9/10 - Crunch Time!!!

March 24, 2015
Well, I don't have a video to go along with this week's post, because I have been super busy with work, and keeping my momentum going with my workouts. It is now the end of week 10, which means there are only 2 more weeks left in the competition. The closer I get, the more unsure I get of my chances. I know this is just my mind psyching myself out, but it's a hard hurdle to overcome indeed. I feel that I have been giving 100% at the gym, and my diet has been pretty good, not perfect, but good. I took some progress photos of myself with my phone the other day, and I can definitely see the changes, mainly in my muscle mass, but I just struggle to see the decrease in abdominal fat. I know this is typically the last thing to go, and it probably won't show until months after the competition ends, but I am convinced that I have made this lifestyle change permanent, so I am excited to see what else is to come down the road. Thank you for all your support, and I will have the final photos posted once the competition is over. Wish me luck.
Motivational tip of the week: Recognize your progress, and let it drive you further towards your goals. A great physique won't be achieved overnight, so don't give up.
Fitness tip of the week: Don't forget to hit each muscle from all the various angles. Don't neglect the odd exercises just because you don't see anyone else in the gym doing them. One of my favorite exercise is face pulls. They look kinda goofy, but hit the rear delts like most other exercises can't.
Nutrition tip of the week: Thin cuts of meat cook quicker. Remember this when you are short on time. I always try to have regular cuts of meat, because they are more cost effective, but I also try to keep some thin cuts handy as well, because I can cook them in a pan in no time. Quick protein.
Metal song of the week: Every Time I Die: A Typical Myrical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHgAa5VTzKY
Hip-Hop song of the week: Outerspace: Written in Blood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMfRme7b020

No comments:

Post a Comment